RR: Trip to Bisley
6 July @ 9:15 am - 3:15 pm
The Reception classes will be going on their school trip to visit Copsegrove Farm and Woodland in Bisley as part of an outdoor education day.
This trip to the woods in the heart of the countryside is a real highlight for the children and really compliments the Forest School sessions that we have done here at school.
Required on the day:
- A healthy packed lunch (no cans, glass, juice cartons or fizzy drinks please)
- Plenty of water
- Clothes should be old, long trousers and long sleeved shirts in order to minimise stings from nettles. We will be outside all day and Bisley is much cooler than Cheltenham so a jumper and coat would be a good idea. Although we will be under tree cover, if it looks like rain might be a possibility, children will need rain coats and ideally waterproof trousers if you already have a pair
- Footwear should be sturdy and comfortable; boots or wellies with comfortable thick socks would be great
- A sunhat and sunscreen would also be good as we will be outside all day
- If the children have an old pair of gardening gloves or gloves they would be handy for den building
- We would like each child to bring a teddy or cuddly toy with them for the day (perhaps not their most precious of toys as it may get a bit muddy and not too big – it should fit in their backpack)
- The children will need to carry their own backpack containing their lunch, drink, extra clothing and teddy and (optional) gardening gloves
If your child suffers from hay fever or asthma they should take any medication they might need before they go. If they need to bring that medication with them, please speak to your class teacher.
We would find it impossible to fund the trip out of school money. Therefore we ask parents to make a voluntary £12.90 towards the cost of the visit. All payments can be made through the ParentPay system. Please make sure to provide your consent by ticking the appropriate box. Parental consent is necessary for your child to attend this trip off school’s premises.
Payment and consent should be provided by 15th June.
In addition it is necessary for you to give permission if you would like us to administer Waspeze or Anthisan in the event of a sting during the day. If you DO NOT grant permission for the teachers to administer Waspeze or Anthisan in the event of a sting during the day please reply to this email before submitting parental consent on ParentPay.