Forest School sessions are usually run over a six week course, or as a one-off session, in our beautiful on-site Forest School setting. These sessions are used to enhance each year group’s curriculum, and produce some creative and intuitive work.
During these sessions the children will be encouraged to explore nature in our Forest School site, discover how things grow, den build, play imaginary games and take part in various creative and practical tasks using real tools.
We will go out to Forest School whatever the weather.
Please provide the following items:
- Wellington boots (preferably) or trainers
- long joggers / trousers / leggings (not shorts)
- long sleeve t-shirt (not short sleeve)
- jumper / fleece (weather appropriate)
- waterproof coat (weather appropriate)
- waterproof gloves (weather appropriate) – optional
- Sun hat (weather appropriate)
The children need to bring in their Forest School clothes in a bag, to change into during lunchtime, (unless noted differently on the school calendar). It is very important that pupils have the appropriate clothing each week, to ensure that they are safe in Forest School.